Saturday, November 15, 2014

Making my own Lipstick


I have a passion for makeup and I am always looking to try new things. Lately I have been curious about trying some new lips colors, which include purple, grey, blue, and black. I have seen many makeup artists trying out this new trend and I love it. These are not everyday colors, more of a fun night out, adventurous feeling, once in a while thing.  Being a college student on a budget I can’t go out to Sephora and purchase theses colors just to see if I like them. So with this in mind I knew it was time for a Pinterest project.

I looked up online how to make my own lipstick and I found a couple of different ways. I chose to make mine using crayons. Yes, the same ones you colored with in elementary school. It was really simple. You melt the crayon, add the Vaseline (amount depending on what look you’re going for) and pour into small containers. After letting them cool I tried them out and to my surprise it actually worked. Now I have six new colors to add to my collection and I am looking forward to creating more.


P.S. it’s Whit







No comments:

Post a Comment